Many of the Norfolk Public Schools' facilities are available for use/rent by the public.
Please see Policy KF USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES.
1. Read Policy KF; Print pages 3-8, including fee schedule
3. Complete and submit ONE of the following building use forms:
4. Secure insurance, as necessary.
5. The Business Manager will confirm the fee (if any) and return the approved application, when approved.
6. Retain and share with everyone in your party pages 6-8 of the policy regarding:
Section 7.0 Scope of Use
A. Prohibited Uses
B. Special Considerations
C. Use of School Supplies
D. Adult Supervision
Section 8.0 Insurance & Liability, and
7. Ensure registration includes parental permission/acknowledgment for non-NPS activity of NPS property.
8. Before leaving, return room to condition it was found.
9. Check-out with on-site custodial staff.
10. Pay invoice promptly, upon receipt.
Determining FeeUser fees include both room and labor.
In summary, Norfolk governmental bodies, NPS School Partners are not charged for either room or labor.
Norfolk-based community organizations are charged only for labor after core hours when custodial staff are not normally
scheduled or for use of the kitchen, which requires kitchen personnel. Non-norfolk organizations, private, and commercial
organizations are charged for both room and labor.
Section 6. Fee Schedule
The fee schedule for use of the school facilities by eligible organizations shall be set yearly by the Norfolk School Committee.
The fee schedule shall be set by the Committee only after a hearing and recorded vote as part of the annual approval of the
NPS budget and fees. The fee schedule shall be included with an exhibit to the application form.
Labor Custodial labor is only incurred during non-core hours (i.e., when custodial staff in not regularly scheduled).
Core hours: M-F 7AM- 10 PM Non-core Hours: M-F 10 PM-7AM and weekends, and summer & vacation when custodial staff is not scheduled.